A Chrome OS administrator is responsible for many aspects of an organization's IT. This includes administering users, organizational units, groups, and access to services. The Chrome OS administrator also manages security of the domain as well as network settings.
The Google Chrome OS administrator exam measures an individual’s ability to:
- Create, delete and administer users for a domain
- Configure and manage organizational unit access
- Manage Chrome devices with the Google Admin console
- Configure and manage security and privacy settings
The exam is currently down for maintenance. If you are interested in taking the exam once it is live again, please fill out this short form and we will be in touch.
In the meantime check out these training videos to aid in your study.
*Do Not schedule a your exam more than 1 month out. Credentials provided will not work correctly due to the creation of a trial domain that is only available for 30 days.
About this credential exam
The exam is administered through ProctorU, and it objectively measures an individual’s ability to demonstrate the critical job skills for the role. To earn this credential, you must successfully pass the Chrome OS administrator exam. This exam has no prerequisites.
The exam lasts for 2 hours, and it has 30 multiple choice questions and 12 scenarios, where an administrator needs to set policies in the Admin console. Currently, the exam is available in English-only. Please note that you need to schedule your exam at least 48 hours in advance from when you can take it.
How often can you take the exam?
If you don't pass on the first try you will be given up to 4 opportunities to pass the exam.
- 2nd attempt: 14 days
- 3rd attempt: 60 days
- 4th attempt: 365 days
What you get passing the exam:
- Credential certificate
How to pass the exam
- Review the study guide below of topics which may appear.
- Field experience: Practice setting up and deploying Chromebooks in your organization or to a test domain to prepare for this exam.
Have additional questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.orgCredential exam key topics
A Chrome OS administrator should be able to configure and manage all aspects of a their company’s domain. This includes administering users, organizational units, and access to services. The Chrome OS administrator should also be able to manage security of their company’s domain as well as mobile policies.
Section 1: Creating, deleting and administering users
- Creating new users manually
- Administering users
- Using system roles to delegate administration duties to users in a domain, including custom admin roles.
Section 2: Configuring and managing organizational unit (OU) access to and settings for Google Workspace services
- Creating OUs and sub OUs
- Configuring device policies
- Configuring user policies
- Configuring wifi settings
- Pushing apps and extensions
- Enabling Android apps
- Configuring security settings manage security options by organizational unit
- Configuring Public Session settings
- Configuring Kiosk settings
You can take the live proctored exam on ProctorU 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, you will need to schedule your proctoring session at least 48 hours in advance.
In order to use ProctorU, you will need:
- High-speed internet connection
- Webcam (internal or external)
- Government issued photo id
Visit https://test-it-out.proctoru.com/ prior to your proctoring session to test your equipment. We recommend you click on the button that says “connect to a live person” to fully test out your equipment. Please make sure that you are using the current version of Chrome Browser and have downloaded the ProctorU extension.
Additionally, please review the test-taker resource center. You should expect the startup process with the proctor to take about 10-15 minutes. However, this time will not affect your exam time. If you have any questions about the setup or format of the exam while taking it, you can ask the proctor through the live chat while taking your exam.