Chrome Sign Builder is a digital signage utility that lets you schedule and display content across your managed ChromeOS devices. With Chrome Sign Builder, you can use devices running ChromeOS, such as Chromeboxes, as media players for digital signs.
Chrome Sign Builder gives you a preview of the content that will be shown on the digital signs. While you can download and install Chrome Sign Builder on the ChromeOS device where it will be deployed, the deployment process is simpler if you install it on another computer.
Before you begin
- Add Chrome Sign Builder from the Chrome Web Store. For details, see Add apps.
- Create a schedule to display your sign.
- Move devices to the organizational units where you plan to configure Chrome Sign Builder to launch automatically. See Move a ChromeOS device to an organizational unit.
Deploy and configure Chrome Sign Builder
From the Admin console Home page, go to DevicesChrome.
- Click Apps & extensionsKiosks.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit.
- Find Chrome Sign Builder.
- Under Installation policy, choose Installed.
For Auto-launch app, select Chrome Sign Builder.
Click Chrome Sign Builder.
(Optional) To prevent kiosk screens from turning off when no one is using them, on the right, turn on Allow App to Manage Power.
You can use this third-party JSON compression tool to validate policies.
- Click Save.