Deploy Chrome Sign Builder
Chrome Sign Builder is a digital signage utility that lets you schedule and display content across your managed Chrome devices. With Chrome Sign Builder, you can use Chrome devices (such as Chromeboxes) as media players for digital signs.
Chrome Sign Builder gives you a preview of the content that will be shown on the digital signs. While you can download and install Chrome Sign Builder on one of the same Chrome devices where it will be deployed, the deployment process is simpler if you install it on another computer.
Deploying Chrome Sign Builder is a 2-part process:
- Download Chrome Sign Builder from the Chrome Web Store and configure the schedule to display your digital sign.
- Use the Admin console to enroll your devices in the appropriate organizational unit (org unit), add Chrome Sign Builder as a managed app to the org unit, and deploy it as a kiosk app.
If you haven’t already—create a schedule to display your digital sign, and then complete the steps to deploy Chrome Sign Builder.
To deploy Chrome Sign Builder:
- Enroll your Chrome devices.
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Move the enrolled devices to the org units where you plan to configure Chrome Sign Builder to launch automatically.
- Click Device management > Chrome management > App management and select Chrome Sign Builder.
If you don’t see Chrome Sign Builder in the list of apps, download it from the Chrome Web Store.
- Select Kiosk settings to deploy Chrome Sign Builder as a kiosk app.
- Select the org unit where you want to deploy Chrome Sign Builder.
- Turn on these settings:
Install automatically–Installs this app automatically on kiosk devices.
Allow app to manage power–Lets the app call the power APIs to modify the default operating system behavior. (You don’t want a kiosk screen to turn off if no one is using it.)
- Click Upload Configuration File, navigate to the file that contains the schedule you created in Chrome Sign Builder, and select it.
- Click Save.
- Click device settings page and go to Kiosk Settings.
- In the Auto-Launch Kiosk App drop-down list, select Chrome Sign Builder.
This makes Chrome Sign Builder launch automatically on the Chrome devices in the org unit you selected.