Move a Chrome device to an organizational unit
Each Chrome device in your Google Admin console belongs to an organizational unit that determines which settings apply to that device. Initially, all devices are in the top-level organization. But you can move a device to a suborganization you create. It then gets the settings applied to that suborganization.
To move a Chrome device:
From the Admin console dashboard, go to Device managementChrome management.
If you don't see Device management on the dashboard, click More controls at the bottom.
- On the Chrome management settings page, click Devices.
- If necessary, click Filters at the top to open your organization tree at the left.
- In tree at the left, click the organization the device is in now. Devices that haven't been moved are in the top-level organization.
Tip: If you don't know which organization a device is in, search for the device's serial number in the search field at the left.
- Check the box next to the device you want to move.
- At the top, click Move to.
- Choose the new organization from the dialog box. Click again to confirm.