Choose your Chrome licenses
Before you can manage Chrome devices in your organization, you need a Chrome license for each device you want to enroll. Then, you can use the Google Admin console to enroll devices, configure settings, and apply policies.
There are 4 types of licenses available for purchase.
- Chrome Education, Chrome Enterprise, and Chrome Nonprofit—These licenses allow you to configure settings and enforce policies for specific Chrome devices. You can control user access, customize features, configure network access, and more. Choose one, depending on your organization type.
- Single app Chrome kiosk device management—This license gives you access to the settings you need to configure, deploy, and monitor a Chrome device running as a single-app kiosk. It’s perfect for a device that's used exclusively as a kiosk, such as a digital sign or point-of-sale system in a store. However, it can’t be used for public-session kiosks. This license is only available to business customers.
Compare Chrome licenses
Decide which type of Chrome license is right for you by reviewing the comparison charts.
Subscription options by license
|License type||Subscriptions available||How to get licenses|
|Chrome Enterprise||Annual and perpetual|
|Single app Chrome kiosk device management||Annual||
Feature options by license
|Feature||Chrome Education, Chrome Enterprise, and Chrome Nonprofit||Single app Chrome kiosk device management||Feature description|
Note: Some settings, such as Google Cloud Print, aren’t available for devices with a single-app Chrome kiosk license.
|Push apps and extensions||
- Bought per term and can be renewed when the term ends.
- Currently, there is no flexible plan available.
- You can unenroll a device and transfer the subscription to another device (of any model) in the same domain.
- You can't transfer a subscription to a device in another domain.
- If you purchase additional annual subscriptions mid-term, the cost is prorated and the new subscription expires at the same time as your original subscription.
- Covers the life of the device it's enrolled to.
- If you encounter a hardware issue and need to replace a device, you can transfer the subscription to another device of the same model (or equivalent manufacturer-provided replacement).
- You can’t transfer a subscription from one device model to another in the same domain.
- You can’t transfer a subscription to a device in another domain.
- Transfers are audited.
- We recommend reviewing the Auto Update policies for each device before you purchase a perpetual subscription.