If you use your Chromebook at work or school, and your Chromebook is on a postpaid plan with Verizon, you can add it to your existing Verizon account. Ask your administrator to follow the steps below.
Note: Only your administrator should follow these steps. If you're not on a postpaid plan, activate Verizon service using these steps instead.
Option 1: Add the MEID or IMEI number in your Verizon business portal
To add a mobile-ready 3G or 4G Chromebook to an existing Verizon Wireless business or school account:
- Sign in to the Chromebook.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- In the "Network" section, click Mobile.
- Click Advanced.
- Write down the MEID number (for 3G devices), or the IMEI number and the ICCID (for 4G devices).
- Sign into the Verizon Wireless business portal with your Verizon account credentials.
- Use the MEID number (for 3G devices) or the IMEI and ICCID numbers (for 4G devices) to add the Chromebook to an existing business or school account.
- Restart your Chromebook to activate the service.
The activation process can take 3-5 minutes. To ensure a smooth activation, make sure you're connected to a network with a strong Wi-Fi signal. Don't use your Chromebook while the activation is in progress.
Once the Verizon service activates, you'll see a confirmation page and get a confirmation email.
Option 2: Contact your Verizon account manager
- Using the steps above, find your IMEI number (for 3G devices) or IMEI number and the ICCID (for 4G devices).
- Contact your Verizon account manager.
- Provide these numbers. Your account manager can add the Chromebook to your business or school account.