Recovering your username
Your username is the full email address used to create your account (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). When signing into your account you should enter the entire address, including the part after the '@' sign.
If you’ve forgotten your username, you can test possible email addresses on our account recovery page. Unless you previously added an alternate email address to your account, we won’t be able to email you your account username for security reasons. To ensure you receive important notifications from us, please add email@example.com address to your address book.
For Gmail users who provided an alternate email address when signing up for Gmail, here's how to recover you username:
- Visit the username-assistance page.
- Enter your alternate email address and click Submit.
- Type the pictured characters and click Submit.
- Check your alternate email account for a list of Gmail usernames you've associated with the address.
- If you received an email from the Gmail team at your alternate address after signing up, you can also retrieve your username from that message. Keep in mind that we won't be able to help you recover your username unless you can access your alternate email address.
- If you didn't provide an alternate email address when you signed up for Gmail but received an invitation to sign up, you may be able to retrieve your username by clicking the link in your Gmail invitation.
Changing your login email address
If you signed up for Google Checkout with a Gmail address, it's not possible to change your login email address at this time.
If you signed up for Google Checkout with an address that doesn't end in @gmail.com, here's how to change your login email address:
- Sign in at https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount.
- Under 'Personal information,' click Change email.
- Enter your new email address and your existing password.
- Click Save email address.
Please keep in mind that changing your email address for Google Checkout may affect how you sign in to other Google services. For example, if you currently sign in to Google Checkout, AdWords, and Google Groups, and you change your email, you must sign in to all three of these services with your new email address in the future.