If you don't want to chat with someone in Google Chat, you can block them. You can block direct messages, but you can't block people in group messages or in rooms.
When you block someone:
- The person who you blocked is in your organisation, they can still see when you're online.
- The person who you have blocked can see that they can't send you messages. To send a message, you need to unblock them.
- You and the person who you blocked can’t edit any old messages to one another.
- The person is also blocked in certain other Google services.
- Links or attachments that the person sent before you blocked them are still active.
- If you report someone for abuse, a copy of the last 10 messages of your conversation is sent to Google for review.
Block someone in Chat or Gmail
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- At the bottom, under Chat, point to someone’s name and click MoreBlock and report .
If the person is in your organisation, this option is Block.
- (Optional) To report the person for abuse, tick the Also report box. You can only do this for people outside of your organisation.
- Click Block to confirm.