Adjusting AIM buddies' visiblility in your Chat list
If you'd like to make sure that you can view an AIM buddy in Gmail, follow these steps:
- Type the user's screen name in the Search people field at the top of your Chat list.
- In the box that appears, select Show in chat list.
Your contact will now always appear in your Chat list.
If you'd like to hide an AIM buddy in your Chat list, follow these steps:
- Locate the AIM buddy you wish to hide in your Gmail Chat list.
- Hover over the user's name so that his or her profile card appears.
- In the profile card that appears, click the down arrow on the bottom right and select Never show under Show in chat list.
If you change your mind, just type the contact's screen name in the Search people field, then select Show in chat list.
Megan is a Google Chat expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.