You can use the Google Drive app to get notifications in Chat about activity in Drive.
Before you begin
- You need permission from your Google Workspace administrator to install apps.
- You need to add the app to Chat.
Learn how to find apps and add them to Chat.
Turn on Google Drive notifications in Chat or Gmail
When you install the bot, click Yes at the message to turn on notifications.
If you previously turned off notifications:
Turn off Google Drive notifications in Chat or Gmail
- Go to Google Chat or your Gmail account.
- Send any direct message (such as "hello") to the Google Drive app.
- In the response, click Turn Off Notifications.
To turn notifications back on, send another direct message to the Google Drive app.
If you turn on notifications...
If you turn on notifications, you get direct messages about Google Drive events, such as:
- A new file or folder that’s shared with you
- A new comment or action item that mentions you or is assigned to you
- Access request to a file you own
- Alerts for storage space