You can use the Meet app in Chat and Chat in Gmail to schedule, modify, and cancel meetings, or to look up your schedule.
Before you begin
- You need permission from your Google Workspace administrator to install apps.
- You need to add the app to Chat. Learn how to find apps and add them to Chat.
Using the Meet app in spaces
If you’re in a space and want to send a message or schedule a meeting using the Meet app, enter @meet in each message to the app (including in replies to questions from the app). Using @meet in every message ensures that the app gets your message and takes action on it.
If you want @meet to create a meeting with space members, enter "@meet Schedule a meeting for us."
Tip: Some @meet app features work in direct messages, but not in spaces. For example, you can use @meet in a space to schedule a meeting, but not for other calendar interactions, such as asking for your schedule.
Examples of using the Meet app
To schedule a meeting (includes setting the title, date and time, duration, guests), enter:
- Schedule a meeting with Cynthia tomorrow at 3pm
- Schedule a meeting with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find 45 minutes with Cynthia next week, title it "1:1”
Modify a meeting that was just scheduled
- Move this meeting to tomorrow
- Rename this meeting to “Team planning session”
Reschedule or cancel a meeting
- Reschedule my meeting with Cynthia
- Cancel my meeting with Cynthia
Look up your schedule
- What is my schedule tomorrow?
- Do I have meetings on Monday?
- Am I free tomorrow afternoon?
- What meetings do I have next week?