You can use the Meet bot in Google Chat and Chat in Gmail to schedule, modify, and cancel meetings, or to look up your schedule.
Before you begin
- You need permission from your Google Workspace administrator to install bots.
- You need to add the bot to Chat.
Learn how to Find bots and add them to Chat.
Using the Meet bot in rooms
If you’re in a room and want to send a message or schedule a meeting using the Meet bot, enter @meet in each message to the bot (including in replies to questions from the bot). Using @meet in every message ensures that the bot gets your message and takes action on it.
"If you want @meet to create a meeting with room members, enter "@meet Schedule a meeting for us" .
Note: Some @meet bot features work in direct messages, but not in rooms. For example, you can use @meet in a room to schedule a meeting, but not for other calendar interactions, such as asking for your schedule.
Examples of using the Meet bot
To schedule a meeting (includes setting the title, date and time, duration, guests), enter:
- Schedule a meeting with Cynthia tomorrow at 3pm
- Schedule a meeting with email@example.com
- Find 45 minutes with Cynthia next week, title it "1:1”
Modify a meeting that was just scheduled
- Move this meeting to tomorrow
- Rename this meeting to “Team planning session”
Reschedule or cancel a meeting
- Reschedule my meeting with Cynthia
- Cancel my meeting with Cynthia
Look up your schedule
- What is my schedule tomorrow?
- Do I have meetings on Monday?
- Am I free tomorrow afternoon?
- What meetings do I have next week?