To reply to a message in Google Chat, you can enter text or select a suggestion if available. You might get suggestions based on the content of the message that you received.
Note: The content in this animation is currently only available in English.
Reply to a message
Tip: In a room, don't enter your reply at the bottom under New thread. If you do, it creates a new conversation thread instead of a reply.
Turn off suggestions in Chat
- At the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Under Smart Reply, untick the box.
You can add these options to your message:
- Click and enter a name to add a person to the conversation.
- Click Upload to share files from your device. Everyone in a room can view shared files.
- Click Add a Drive file to share files from Google Drive. Everyone in a room can view shared Drive files.
- Click Add video meeting to start a video call.
- Click Emoji to add emojis to your message.