To reply to a message in Google Chat, you can enter text or select a suggestion if available. You might get suggestions based on the content of the message that you received.
Reply to a chat message
- Open the Chat app or Gmail app .
- On the bottom, tap Chat or Spaces .
- Open a chat message or a space.
- If you’re in a space, below the message, tap Reply .
- Enter your message or select a suggestion. You can customize a suggested message before you send it.
- Tap Send .
Turn off suggestions in Chat
You can turn off suggestions on a specific device, but it won't turn it off on other devices.
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Next to Smart Reply, turn off the setting.
You can add options to your message.
- To add a person to the conversation: Type enter a name.
- To add a photo to the message: Tap Photo .
- To view other options, tap Action menu . Then:
- To take a picture and add it to the message: Tap Camera .
- To start a video call: Tap Meet link .
- To schedule a meeting: Tap Calendar invite .
- To share files from Google Drive: Tap Drive .
- If people in a conversation or space don't have access to a Drive file, you may get a request to share the file.
- To add formatting to text: Tap Format .
- To send a GIF, tap GIF .