Create a room in Google Chat to provide a place where a team can communicate and collaborate.
You can allow people outside your organisation to join a room, but you must do so when you create the room. If you allow external people in a room, they must either have a G Suite account with another organisation or a personal Google Account (usually ending in @gmail.com).
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- Next to Rooms, click Create.
- (Optional) To add a room avatar, click Choose an emojiselect an emoji. If you don't select an emoji, a default avatar is used instead.
- Enter a room name.
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people and groups that you want to add or select from the suggestions. Suggestions include everyone in your organisation, even if they don't have Chat.
- (Optional) To allow people from outside your organisation to join the room, tick the Allow people outside your organisation to join box.
Important: You won't be able to change this setting later.
- (Optional) To notify invitees, tick the Notify people via email box.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) To add more people and bots to the room, click Add people and bots, enter the name, and then click Send.