Create a room in Google Chat to provide a place where a team can communicate and collaborate.
You can allow people outside your organization to join a room, but you must do so when you create the room. If you allow external people in a room, they must either have a G Suite account with another organization or a personal Google Account (usually ending in @gmail.com).
- Sign in to Chat or Gmail.
- Next to Rooms, click CreateCreate room.
- Enter a room name.
- (Optional) To add a room avatar, click Choose an emojiselect an emoji. If you don't select an emoji, a default avatar is used instead.
- Enter the names or email addresses of the people and groups that you want to add or select from the suggestions. Suggestions include everyone in your organization, even if they don't have Chat.
- (Optional) To allow people from outside your organization to join the room, check the Allow people outside your organization to join box.
Important: You won't be able to change this setting later.
- (Optional) To notify invitees, check the Notify people via email box.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) To add more people and bots to the room, click Add people & bots, enter the name, and then click Send.