Important: You can no longer create a space grouped by conversation topic. Instead, new spaces have in-line threading. Learn more about when to use and organize a space.
- You can only delete a space if you have the Space Manager role.
- When you delete a space, all messages and tasks in the space are deleted. Permissions on Drive files are removed, but the file isn’t deleted.
- Once a space is deleted, you can’t recover it.
- Go to Google Chat or your Gmail account.
- Open the space that you want to delete.
- At the top, next to the space name, click Down arrow Delete this space Delete.
Tip: If you didn’t create the space, learn how to leave a space.