Important: You can only edit or delete a Google Chat message if you use Chat on a work or school account account.
You can edit or delete messages you sent in Google Chat. You can't edit or delete messages from other people.
- Edit : Make your changes, then click Update .
- Delete : To confirm, click Delete.
- To delete all messages in your copy of a conversation, you can delete a conversation.
- If you use a Google Workspace account, you can delete, but not edit a message from a bot.
- If you’re in a room started by a Google Workspace account and you don’t belong to the same organization, you can’t delete messages from bots.