Inviting a phone participant to a video call
To invite a phone participant:
- Start and join a video call.
- Click the Invite icon at the top of the video call window.
- Select +Add telephone.
- Enter the phone number.
- Click Call.
- Click the Keypad icon, if you need to press numbers within the call.
Adding credit for phone calls:
All calls to the US and Canada are free. Phone calls made to other countries are billed at our very low rates.
This is how you can add credit:
- Click the Invite icon at the top of the video call window and then select +Add telephone.
- Enter the international phone number that you're calling.
- Click either the price of the call or your credit balance, both of which are displayed below the phone number.
- In the window that opens, select Add $10 credit.
- Complete your credit purchase in Google Wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why don't I have the option to invite phone participants?
How many phone participants can I invite?
How do I mute a phone participant?
Does making a phone call in a video call mean I have a Google Voice account?
How do I view my call history?
- Go to Google Voice.
- Click History on the left-hand side of the page.
What do I do if I'm experiencing issues with billing?
- Visit our credit request Start page.
- Click on the Refunds button next to your calling credit.
- Click Refund entire balance.
For all other issues, please use this troubleshooter to help resolve your issue.
Caroline is a Hangouts expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback about the page below.