Pictures in the chat window
By default, chat participants' pictures are not shown inside of the chat window. You have the option of making each participants' picture appear next to their name while chatting.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of Gmail.
- Navigate to the Labs tab.
- Find the Pictures in chat feature.
- Select the Enable radio button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
Note: In Gmail pictures in chat is a Gmail Labs feature. Learn More
Megan is a Google Chat expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.