If you no longer want to manage a Google Workspace customer, you can end your reseller relationship with the customer and transfer them to Google.
For customers who have both Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform subscriptions, only the customer's Google Workspace subscriptions are transferred to Google. You continue to manage the customer and their Google Cloud Platform subscriptions (active, suspended, or cancelled),
After the transfer
- The Google Workspace customer no longer appears in your console.
- The customer's Google Workspace account is managed by Google.
- The customer enters a grace period for their Google Workspace subscriptions. and their super administrator receives an email notification.
- The transfer is non-reversible.
- Billing for transferred customers: You won’t be eligible for a refund for a customer on the Annual Plan (Yearly payments). For a customer on an Annual Plan (Monthly payments) or Flexible Plan, you're only charged up to the date of the transfer. Learn more about billing for transferred customers.
Transfer a customer to Google
Note: Your customer’s account must have a super administrator before transferring to Google. For details, see Make a user an admin.
- Sign in to the Partner Sales Console.
- On the Customers page, click the customer name.
- Select any of the customer's subscriptions.
- On the Subscriptions page, click End Relationship in the upper right.
- Review the information about transferring.
- Click Confirm to transfer the customer to Google.
Grace period after transfer
When you transfer a customer to Google, their subscriptions enter a grace period. During the grace period, the customer is not billed for active subscriptions. The length of the grace period depends on the subscription's payment plan.
|Payment plan||Grace period|
|Flexible Plan||30 days|
|Annual Plan, Monthly payments||30 days|
|Annual Plan, Yearly payments||Remaining duration of the commitment (up to 1 year) or 30 days, whichever is greater|
|Currently in free trial||30 days|
|Offline order||30 days|
|Subscription suspended||No grace period. Paid service begins on transfer date.|