You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Let your team use the Customer Care Portal to submit and manage support cases for your Google Workspace customers. To manage support case for your Google Cloud customers, go to the Google Cloud Support Center.
Grant permissions to the Customer Care Portal
- In your Google Admin console, assign your users either role:
- Give users instructions for the Customer Care Portal.
Note: Admins with the Legacy Enterprise Support or the Legacy Resold Enterprise Support roles can also access the Custom Care Portal.
For security and privacy, the Customer Care Portal shows only the customers assigned to the reseller domain that you’re signed in to.
If your organization uses multiple reseller domains, give your users an account at each domain. Then users can sign in to the Customer Care Portal and file cases for customers on those domains.
Follow the steps below to give your users free Cloud Identity accounts at your reseller domains.
For each of your reseller domains, you can create free Cloud Identity accounts for your users. Before you start, gather a list of your reseller domains (and secondary domains if used) and user names.
- Important: Turn off auto-licensing for your organizational units. Learn how
Otherwise, new users might be assigned licenses for both Google Workspace and Cloud Identity.
- Create an organizational unit for your Cloud Identity user accounts. Learn how
- Add users to the organizational unit. Learn how
- Repeat for each of your reseller accounts and secondary domains.
The Cloud Identity subscription is included for free with your Google Workspace account.
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingGet more services.
- In Categories, click Cloud Identity.
- Below Cloud Identity Free, click Get Started.
- Review the feature, then click Get Started.
- Click Checkout and Place Order.
Your Subscriptions list shows the number of Cloud Identity licenses (usually 50 or more). To request more licenses, sign in as a super admin and fill out the Cloud Identity license form.
Assign Cloud Identity licenses to users
- In the Admin console, go to Menu DirectoryUsers.
- Next to each user’s name where you want to assign, check the box.
- At the top, click MoreAssign Licenses.
- Click the serviceAssign.
- In the Admin console, go to Menu AccountAdmin roles.
- Click the role you want to edit.
- Click Admin console privileges.
- Assign the Reseller Admin role or create a custom role that has these privileges:
- Reseller Tools Customers View Customers
- Reseller Tools Customers Access Customers Support Cases
or, if available:
- Legacy Resold Enterprise Support
- Legacy Enterprise
Your users have two options for receiving email updates and notifications for their Customer Care Portal cases.
- You can redirect the user 's Cloud Identity email address to their Google Workspace email address. Learn how.
- In the Cloud Support Portal, the user can enter Google Workspace their address in the Case Sharing field.
Tip: Give your users instructions to signing in to multiple accounts at once.