Take VR photos
Take a VR photo
- On your phone, open Cardboard Camera.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Take Picture .
- Tap the orange button to start recording, and move your device slowly to the right with your arm outstretched.
- The camera will stop recording automatically once you complete a full 360-degree turn. To finish before then, tap Done .
Record sound with your VR photo
While taking a photo, Cardboard Camera will also record ambient sound. If you don't want to include sound, tap the sound icon in the lower right corner to turn sound recording off.
Sound will play when you view a photo in virtual reality with a Cardboard Viewer. If you don't hear the sound, make sure your device’s volume is turned up.
See your VR photos
To see photos you created, use the gallery in the app's home screen.
To view a photo in detail:
- Tap the photo you want to explore.
- To view the photo using Google Cardboard, open Cardboard, then set your phone inside a Cardboard viewer.