Take VR photos
Cardboard Camera lets you take photos you can see in virtual reality.
Take a VR photo
- At the bottom of the screen, touch the camera icon .
- Touch the orange button to start recording, and move your device slowly to the right with your arm outstretched.
- The camera will stop recording automatically once you complete a full 360-degree turn. If you are done sooner, touch the orange button again to stop.
Record sound with your VR photo
While taking a photo, Cardboard Camera will also record sound. If you don't want to include sound, touch the sound button to turn recording off.
Sound will play when you view a photo in virtual reality with a Cardboard Viewer. If you don't hear the sound, make sure your device’s volume is turned up.
See your VR photos
To see photos you created, use the gallery in the app's home screen.
To view a photo in detail:
- Touch the photo you want to explore.
- To view the photo using Google Cardboard, touch the Cardboard icon, then set your phone inside a Cardboard viewer.