To try virtual reality right from your phone, use Google Cardboard. View pictures, play games, and experience virtual reality through a VR viewer that you can buy or make at home. Learn more about how Cardboard works at https://vr.google.com/cardboard/.
Get a viewer
You can order a Cardboard viewer, or learn to build your own.
Find the app
On your Android phone, install the Cardboard app.
Check phone requirements
- To use Cardboard with an Android phone, your phone’s version should be 4.1 or higher.
- To see whether your phone will work with a specific viewer, check the viewer's website.
Note: If you get a device incompatible message, you may not have a phone fitted with a gyroscope.
Start to use Cardboard
- On your Android phone, open the Cardboard app .
- To pair your phone with your viewer, on the right, tap the Right arrow .
- Use your phone's camera to scan the QR code on the Cardboard viewer. You might need to remove the cardboard sleeve to find the QR code.
- Open the top flap of the viewer.
- Lift the flaps toward you and press them against the fasteners on the sides.
- Put your phone inside the viewer, and then close the top flap.
- Before you look through the viewer, look at an object that’s far away.
- Close your eyes as you bring the viewer up to your face.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to begin using Cardboard.
Note: If you have the app installed but want to use a different viewer, change the settings.