Instant Reporting allows you to see data immediately, instead of waiting for a report to run and then downloading the file for offline viewing. Instant Reporting is great for quick performance checks, ad-hoc reports, and routine analysis of common dimensions and metrics. Instant reports can be single use or saved for later, and also made into visualizations like bar and pie charts.
- From Report Builder click New Report > Instant Reporting (Campaign Manager) or from Insights > Reports click New instant report (Display & Video 360).
- You can start with a blank report, or choose a prefilled template.
- To filter your report and limit its data, click filter .
- Drag dimensions (rows) and metrics (columns) from the left into the main area. In Campaign Manager, some dimensions can also be added as columns to pivot your data.
- You can narrow the list of dimensions and metrics with the search box in the upper left corner.
- If you prefer not to drag and drop dimensions and metrics, click menu to hide the list (or chip deck).
- Click Add in a Row or Column header to add a dimension or metric.
- Type the name of a dimension or metric in the Add field to search.
- Click edit name to name your report.
- Click Save to save your report. It will then be available in your report list in the future.
- To name and save your report simultaneously, click Save as. This is also useful if you want to save a copy of an existing report.
- To download all of the rows in your report to a file click download .
Custom columns (metrics)
You can use existing metrics to create custom columns (calculate new metrics).
- Click + custom column, at the top left.
- Give your column a name and description.
- Add metrics and mathematical operators to calculate your preferred metric.
- If your calculation is meant to display as a percentage you can change the Column format from Number (123) to Percent (%).
Example custom columns
Revenue eCPA (Display & Video 360 only)
To see the amount of revenue generated by each conversion:
- Click + Custom Column.
- Choose the metric Revenue.
- Divide it by Conversions (use division symbol).
Time series chart as compared to a goal
To create a time series chart with a goal line:
- Drag Click Rate into Column area.
- Drag Date into Row area.
- Click + Custom Column.
- Name it CTR Goal.
- Change Column format to Percent (%).
- Enter your goal, (a value of .02 will show as 2%) and click Apply.
- Change from Flat table to Time series chart.
- Toggle Secondary y-axis off (to disable).
Pivot data (Campaign Manager only)
Add a dimension as a column to pivot your data and change how it is sorted.
Visualize data in tables or charts
Click chart type to change how your data is shown. You may be required to remove dimensions and metrics for a given chart type. Any removed dimensions and metrics can be added again when switching back to a flat table. Tables and charts can also be used to create dashboards. Learn more
Flat table (default)
A table of columns and rows that is useful for analysis and export to spreadsheet software. You can highlight data that meets specific criteria by clicking the dropdown arrow next to your metric column header (in the table), and then clicking Conditional formatting.
A bar chart is useful for comparing different categories of data.
Line (time series)
A line chart, or time series, is useful for seeing data trends over time.
A pie chart is useful for showing the proportion, or percentage, of a category of data.
A scatter chart is useful for showing the relationship, or correlation, between one dimension and two metrics.
- Data in Instant Reporting is available from the last 100 days.
- Data can only be pivoted by Platform Type in Campaign Manager, currently.