You can manage Floodlight from within your Campaign Manager 360 or Display & Video 360 advertiser. If you use Display & Video 360 with Campaign Manager 360, Floodlight should be managed within Campaign Manager 360.
Manage Floodlight details and activities
Navigate in Campaign Manager 360
- Navigate to Floodlight > Configuration to manage Floodlight basic details
- Navigate to Floodlight > Floodlight activities for Floodlight activities
Navigate in Display & Video 360
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight group > Floodlight basic details to manage Floodlight basic details
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight group > Floodlight activities for Floodlight activities
The basic details includes settings such as tag types, lookback windows, and third-party integrations.
In the "Floodlight activities" tab, you can:
- Click into a Floodlight activity to manage the activity's settings or view the activity's code to place on the website or app where you want to track events.
- Create new Floodlight activities.
Manage Floodlight activity status
Floodlight activity status types
|Indicates the Floodlight activity is active and is serving.
|Disabled & archived
Indicates you have chosen to stop the Floodlight activity from serving. Both the Floodlight activity and its alerts will be hidden by default.
This prevents Floodlight from counting conversions, including that conversion data in reports, and creating remarketing lists. Remember to remove disabled Floodlight tags from the advertiser's website.
|Disabled - Policy violation
|Indicates the Floodlight activity is violating Google policy and therefore is disabled. Contact your account manager for more information.
Change the status of Floodlight activities
To change the status of a Floodlight activity:
- Navigate to the Floodlight activity.
- Change the status in one of the following ways:
- Select multiple activities by checking the boxes on the left. Then click the Action button and choose a status.
- Click on the "Status" dropdown in Campaign Manager 360 and select a status. Or, click the down arrow in the column (in Display & Video 360) and select a status.
- Click the name of the Floodlight activity, and click on the "Status" dropdown to select a status.
- Click Save.
Enable Floodlight activities for YouTube for Display & Video 360 or Campaign Manager 360
Floodlight activities must be enabled to measure conversions for YouTube & partners line items. Learn more
Enable Floodlight activities for remarketing for third party ads servers (Display and Video 360 without Campaign Manager 360)
If you don't use Campaign Manager 360 with Display & Video 360, Floodlight activities must be enabled for remarketing to create first-party audience lists.
To enable a Floodlight activity for remarketing:
- Navigate to Resources > Floodlight Group
- Click on the Floodlight activities tab.
- In the activity’s basic details, make sure the Remarketing checkbox is selected.
- Save your activity.