See Google Calendar events on Apple Calendar
You can see Google Calendar events on your Apple calendar on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad.
See Google Calendar events on Apple calendarsApple Calendar on your computer
- On your computer, open Apple Calendar .
- In the top left corner of your screen, click Calendar > Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- On the left side of the Accounts tab, click +.
- Select Google > Continue.
- Enter your Gmail address, password, and verification code (if you have one).
- Click Accept.
- On the Accounts tab, choose how often you want Apple Calendar and Google Calendar to sync.
You can sync Google Calendar with the Calendar app that comes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad .
- Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add account > Google.
- Enter your email address > Next.
- Enter your password. If you have iOS 7 or below and you use 2-Step Verification, enter an app password instead of your regular password.
- Touch Next.
- Emails, contacts, and calendar events will now sync directly with your Google Account. To sync only your calendar, turn off the other services.
- Open the Calendar app on your iPhone to see your Google Calendar events.
Change which calendars get syncedWhich calendars are automatically synced
- Any calendars that you see under "My Calendars" in Google Calendar on your computer.
- Visit the Calendar sync page.
- Check or uncheck the names of any calendars.
- In the bottom right corner, click Save.
- When you're done, refresh your calendar.
Note: If you used to sync using the "Delegation" tool in Apple Calendar, you need to turn that off for Calendar sync to work.
- Open Apple Calendar on your computer.
- In the top left corner, click Calendar > Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab > Delegation.
- Uncheck all calendars.
Google Calendar features that don't work on Apple Calendar
- Email notifications for events
- Create new Google calendars
- Room Scheduler
Courtney is a Calendar expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.