Learn what's new in Google Calendar
Google Calendar has a new look, with a number of new event, calendar view, and settings features to help you manage your time more efficiently and get stuff done. Here are some highlights.
See event details at a glance
When you click an event once, you can see all the event details including:
- The entire guest list with RSVP responses
Note: To get more information about a guest from the event details, point to their name in the guest list.
- Rooms and locations
- Any video call links
- And more
Tip: You can right-click an event to quickly join the meeting, delete it, or change the color.
Quickly add new events
You can create new events when you click on an empty space on your calendar.
Here you can add the following details:
- Name of the event
- Time of the event
- The calendar the event is part of. If you want to add guests or edit more details, click More Options.
You can also create new events by clicking on the Add event button.
New view options
Your calendar will now show event invitation status and let you choose how much or how little to see. Calendar will remember the changes you made for the next time you sign in, until you change them again.
Events on your calendar look different depending on how you’ve responded:
- If you’re attending an event, the event will be a solid color.
- If you’ve answered maybe to an event, you’ll see diagonal lines across it.
- If you haven’t replied yet, you’ll just see the event’s outline.
- If you said no, you’ll only see the outline and the event will be crossed out.
Learn how to respond to event invitations.
Customize how you see your calendar
You can now choose to show or hide weekends when viewing your calendar.
- To see the whole year at a glance, choose Year view.
- In Day view, you can view two or more calendars from different people or places at the same time side by side.
- To control the layout density and color set of your Calendar, click Settings Density and color
You can choose density of Responsive to your screen or Compact, and between a Modern or Classic color set.
Note: You can turn off side by side events in the Settings page.
See other calendars
To show or hide other calendars on the left hand of the screen, click the Main menu button . From this side panel, you can do the following:
- To unsubscribe from a calendar: Point at calendar’s name, then click Unsubscribe from calendar
- To hide a calendar: Point at the calendar’s name Options Hide from list.
Manage settings in one place
To open the new settings page, click Settings and then Settings.
- To share a calendar or change permissions: On the left of the Settings page, click the name of the calendar you want to share. Then, choose your sharing settings.
- To see deleted events in one place: In the top right hand corner, click Settings Trash.
Try the new Calendar
- On a computer, open Google Calendar.
- On the top right of your screen click Use new Calendar.
- To go back to the old Calendar at any time, click Settings Back to classic Calendar.
Note: If you cannot see "Use new Calendar", the new Calendar isn’t available for your account yet.
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.