Add attachments to your events
You can add documents, spreadsheets, and other files directly to an event so that your guests have all the information they need right from the event.
Add an attachment
You can add files from Google Drive or upload files from your computer.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- Create an event, or open an existing event.
- Click Add attachment .
- Choose a file that's already in your Google Drive, or click Upload to add a file from your computer.
- When you're done, click Select or Upload at the bottom.
If you've invited other people to the event and they don't have access to view the file, you'll be asked to choose one of these sharing options when you save the event:
- Anyone with the link can view, comment, or edit: Anyone who has the link can access the file. Guests can share the file with someone else, and they won't need a Google Account to see it.
- Guests of this event can view, comment, or edit: Shares the file with your guests. They need a Google Account to see the file. They can only share the file with someone else if you give them "Can edit" access.
- Save without sharing: Guests who don't have access will see the title of the file, but they won't be able to open it.
You can also open the file in the Google Drive app for other sharing options.
TroubleshootingGuests don't have permission to see attachments
Attachments are stored in Google Drive, so your guests don't automatically have permission to view your attachments. To give your guests access to the files, you can share each file from Google Drive.
This error happens if your work, school, or organization has disabled Drive sharing. If you see this error, contact your admin.
If your Google Drive isn't linked to the Google Account you're using to create the event, you won't see Add attachment .
To fix this, make sure:
- The documents you want to attach are uploaded to Google Drive.
- You're signed in with the same account that you use for Google Drive.