Change or turn off Calendar notifications
You can get notifications on your phone, computer, or by email to help easily remember events. You can change your settings for a single event, or all your events.
To easily remember events, you can get notifications on your phone, computer, or by email. You can change your settings for a single event, or all your events.
Change your notification settings
When you get a notice on your computer, you'll get it on your phone.
Note: Google Calendar will always send notification emails to users who don't use Google Calendar whenever an event they are invited to is created, updated, or deleted.
Turn notifications on or off
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- On the left, click General Event settings.
- Under “Event settings,” you can choose to:
- Turn notifications on or off: Click Notifications, and select how you want to get them.
- Get notified only for Yes or Maybe responses: Click Automatically add invitations Yes, but don’t send event notifications unless I have responded “Yes” or “Maybe.”.
Note: You need to have Google Calendar open in your browser, like Chrome and Safari, to change settings. You might be asked to let calendar.google.com show notifications.
"Browser doesn't support notifications" error
This error means you need to update your web browser to get notices for events.
Change event notifications
- Open Google Calendar.
- Click the event.
- Click Edit
- Next to Notifications , choose how you'd like to be notified.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Note: When you make changes, they don't affect anyone else who's invited to the event.
Didn’t get a notification
- First, make sure notifications are turned on for your calendar using the steps above.
- Check that you’ve chosen to show notifications in your browser’s permission settings. If not, turn on desktop notifications.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom of the page click Advanced .
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site Settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Next to "Allow," click Add.
- Enter calendar.google.com click Add.
In other browsers
- Open your web browser.
- Go to your browser’s notification preferences.
- Add permissions for calendar.google.com.
Check your browser’s support site for specific instructions.
Note: If you delegate your calendar to someone in your organization, you won't get a notification when that person changes an event on your calendar.