Add someone else's Google calendar
You can view someone else's calendar if they've shared it with you. You can also request access if they haven't shared their calendar with you yet.
Ways to add someone else's calendarAdd using an email address
Ask to see a calendar
- On your computer, open Google Calendar. You can only edit Google Calendar sharing settings from a computer, not the app.
- On the left side, click Other calendars.
- In the Add a friend's calendar or Add a coworker's calendar box, enter the other person's email address.
- Press Enter.
- Depending on how their calendar is shared, one of the following will happen:
- If the calendar isn't shared with you, you'll see a form to request access.
- If the calendar is already shared with you, their calendar will be added on the left side under "Other calendars."
- If the other person doesn't have a Google Calendar, you'll see the option to invite them to use Google Calendar.
Approval by the other person
If their calendar isn't shared with you, the other person will get an email requesting access.
To accept your request, the other person should:
- On your computer, open the email you sent requesting access.
- Click the link in the email.
- In the Settings page that opens, choose a permission setting and select Add Person.
- Click Save.
After the other person has accepted your request, their calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars." If you don't see it, try refreshing the page.
You can only add a calendar using a link if the other person's calendar is public.
- On a computer, open Calendar.
- Next to "Other calendars" on the left, click the Down arrow .
- Select Add by URL.
- Enter the calendar's address in the field provided. The address needs to be an ICAL link.
- Click Add Calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
Note: It might take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
Hide someone else's calendar
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Calendar app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
Tap the name of the other person's calendar. Hidden calendars have an empty box next to them.
Tip: If you don't need to see to this calendar anymore, you can also unsubscribe.
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.