Use Google Calendar in different time zones
You can change your time zone and create events with certain time zones. This helps if you'll be traveling when the event happens, or if you're creating events for people in different time zones.
How Calendar uses time zones
When you create an event, you'll see it in your local time zone. It will also show up in the local time zones for anyone you invite, even if they're in a different time zone.
Change your time zone
When you travel to a different time zone, you can see your calendar in the local time.
- Open the Google Calendar app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- In the top right, tap Settings .
- Tap General.
- Tap Use device time zone on or off.
- If Use device time zone is on, your time zone will update automatically as you travel.
- If Use device time zone is off, you can select a time zone from the drop-down menu.
Daylight savings time
Google Calendar uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to help avoid issues with daylight savings time.
When events are created, they're converted into UTC, but you'll always see them in your local time.
If an area switches their time zone, events created before we knew about the change might be in the wrong time zone.
Aaron is a Search expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.