Insert an invitation in Gmail
It's easy to create event invitations right in Gmail. Want to send a quick meeting invite to your colleagues, or respond directly to your friend's email with an invitation to catch up over coffee? Simply follow these steps:
- In Gmail, click Compose to create a new message, or reply to or forward a message to create an invitation in response to an existing email.
- Whether you include invitees in the To:, CC:, or BCC: fields, all recipients of the email will be added as invitees to the event.
(Note: If any invitees are included via BCC:, the entire guest list will be hidden from all recipients of the invite. If you'd like to un-hide the guest list, you can do so by opening the event in Google Calendar and selecting the see guest list checkbox under Guests can.)
- Hover over the plus icon and click the Insert invitation icon.
- Fill in the event details in the Invitation window that appears.
- Click Insert Invitation. A preview of the invitation appears in your email message.
- If you'd like, add other content to the email before sending.
- Click Send.
The event is created when the message is sent. For recipients using Google Calendar, the event is automatically added to their calendar. Other recipients can easily add event information from the email to most calendar programs.