/business/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Cover Photo not changing. 1 Recommended Answer 26 Replies 210 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
First I am only able to edit business information (not photos) when I search my business and select edit photos from the browser (Chrome).  

Second I had changed my business cover photo to a newer photo a while ago, however it has never changed on the search listing.  I was thinking it just needed time.  But it has never changed in the search.  It is changed correctly in my account and shows as the selected image.  It also has not changed on my maps listing.  I have searched and found others stating the same issue yet no resolution or fix.  I would like to update it more frequently to keep it fresh or for the different seasons or holidays.
Details
Most Relevant Answer Most Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (26)
Most Relevant Answer
What is the point of a cover photo then? I also changed my cover photo and it displays a user image instead. Thought the same thing, that it takes some time for servers to refresh - but no go. I would love GMB team to resolve this for us users.
marked this as an answer
Most relevant based on info available
Most Relevant Answer
Is there a way to request that an image be updated? I am attempting to refresh the cover images for all of my company's locations. At this point 1 updated correctly and automatically and another one has not. It seems VERY inconsistent and without reason.
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
That's terrible. My cover photo is from a user who posted a photo of a Christmas event 3 years ago. And Google won't let me change that? Seriously we can't override customer photos? 
I also have 15 customer photos of the same event from someone at another business using my business to promote his name and products. I can't remove these? What's the purpose of Google Business then if me as the business owner can't edit it?
marked this as an answer
Most Relevant Answer
I spent an hour creating a composite cover image to Google's stated specification, to represent my headshot business and to replace the one that I have been using for a year. This image does not display and instead I have a customer photo which is over a year old and certainly not representative of my best work. This is ridiculous - I educate people on the importance of personal branding and how their headshot is the all important first impression customer have of their business and yet I am unable to choose the image to represent my brand and instead have one that I would not choose to use and that is not representative of my business. 
Can someone from Google please advise why the attached image will not display?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/business/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic