Currently, we're working with a limited support team. It may take longer than usual to connect with us. Thanks for your patience.

/business/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
When is Google going to truly support the GMB?
John Mueller (hopefully you see this)

When is Google going actually support the GMB?
For years the GMB and knowledge panel have been one of the most visible aspects of search, and yet the support give to this vital service has been laughable at best.  

Examples:
The phone staff, pre-covid, always gave conflicting information.  Like rules over using a City name in listings, when its on business licences and real world branding and signage.

Or even truly taking steps to prevent listings from being spammed with bad information.

This is has become one of the most visible aspects of Google and email, phone, and really most support offered is simply terrible.

Currently, 
I am faced with 2 third party vendors dropping order ahead links on my pages, with no recourse of action.   Even after serving these companies with cease and desist letter and threatening legal action and no agreement between the third party and my business.  And yet Google's support staff refuses to remove these links.   Because they are unable to do that. The support staff claim that they don't have the ability to remove things like this. Also refusing to submit a ticket to the Dev's or escalate matters to a manager.  We are simply told no.

Its your companies platform and yet you can't remove unwanted links to someone's business at the owner of that business' requests.

The current state of things allows third party companies to abuse and hijack aspects of a listing with no recourse to the actual business. 

Google provides no way to opt out of these things. 

Please help, John.

I am sure I am not alone.
I simply dread having to deal with the GMB in any fashion these days, especially when I have to contact your staff.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (3)
Relevant Answer
Shouldn't this be directed to the GMB community?
Google has a dedicated help center specifically for business listings that can be found here.

I don't think John has anything to do with GMB.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi SidneyFault,

GMB is it's own program, distinct and separate from the organic side that we cover in this forum (and the area that John works on in search relations).

I'd really suggest you take this up with the Google My Business people over here: https://support.google.com/business/community, they will be able to guide you in their product way better than we could here.

John would also perhaps be unlikely to see this, and I'd suspect that he'd just referrer you to the my business people anyway. Perhaps you could join one of his office hours: https://developers.google.com/search/events/join-office-hours or reach out on twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnMu, but like I say ( without trying to speak forJohn!) I strongly suspect he'd send you the same direction here, to the GMB forum folks.

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
The issue is that trying to get things resolved through GMB support is laughable at best.

Google as a company barely supports one of its most visible aspects.
I have tried for years to deal with their staff.  and it never goes anywhere.

Example,

Before Covid, I did the listings for the Las Vegas Monorail.
That is the actual name of the company and they wouldn't allow Las Vegas in the name.
They wouldn't allow monorail as a category.
and I couldn't create listings for the "Monorail Stations" for the various locations.
I was told to call it a train station. Of course this implies a completely different type of service.

The problem is Google as a company doesn't take issues with the GMB serious and they don't have someone like John to work with business or agencies. 

Which is why, I asked the question when is Google (as a company) going to actually support the GMB.

If the GMB support would take these things seriously then I would absolute be posting on "their" side of things but as of today it wouldn't resolve anything.

At least this way it might get some notice and pressure Google to actually take that aspect of search seriously.  or at least start a conversation that might actually be productive.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/business/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic