Currently, we're working with a limited support team. It may take longer than usual to connect with us. Thanks for your patience.

/business/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Trying to gain access to a client's GMB listing
https://goo.gl/maps/z2YB2sasJ1isriX59

Trying to gain access to this location, as my agency is working with the client and needs access. However, it doesn't appear that anybody has access to or manages this listing, and it does not give me the option to confirm that I know this business. 

Is there anything I can do?
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Kein Mensch weiß was genau || Nobody knows exactly anything
Relevant Answer
Sorry  folks  for my below two cents:

The  listing  in question (provided) by SC 1219  is  https://www.google.com/maps?cid=1239817425310901926  and its definitively  verified and thes said  there is an  dedicated owner
See  my below  screenshot as  a proof

Such SAB listings  can   by a  normal  GMB Dahsboard  requested according the HC article  "requesting ownership"

However  in case  SC 1219  is  using  an agency account I noticed  earlier that such agency accounts can't properly request  the  ownership  (will almost ever  create a  duplicate)

See  more about my findings & experiences about  agency accounts:
marked this as an answer
All Replies (10)
I report fake listings and reviews
Relevant Answer
You will need to create a new email address using your business domain. Create a new Business Profile dashboard and add the location. Google will find the original location and allow you to request access to the listing. The current owner will have 3 days to accept or reject your request. Once the 3 days have passed or the request is rejected, Google will allow you to verify your affiliation with the business. It might speed up the process if you add the new email to Google Analytics and Google Search Console.

This is a brand so the brand needs to control the Business Profile and not individual locations.

Please note this is a peer-to-peer community forum and we are volunteers and not Google employees. We only advise on Business Profile best practices and the TOS.

If any of my replies answers your question, please mark it as recommended as it will help out others with a similar issue. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi there,

Your client will need to access the Location Group that their listings are under and go into "Group Settings." Within this section, they will need to select "Manage Users." Select "Add users," and then enter the email address you wish to be given access. Then the client can select your "role" as manager or owner. Once the email is added, you will receive an email to be granted access to the GMB listings that will be added to your Location Groups.

Hope this helps!
-Matthew

If you find this answer helpful, please mark this post as a Recommended Answer.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Matthew, the client does not believe they have access to the location themselves. This is a very strange situation wherein Google deleted the wrong listing before, forcing us to try and grab the provided location despite not giving us the option to.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I removed Matthew's comment as it was incorrect and would set you off in the wrong direction. Id you client the brand or the business owner at that particular location?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
"However, it doesn't appear that anybody has access to or manages this listing"

The listing has been normally verified and certainly someone has access on it.

Follow this steps
  1. Login to gmail with an simple account, use your own private one (which isn't under an organization for managing GMB properties) 
  2. open https://business.google.com/locations
  3. Click "Add business" (at the right side of the screen)
  4. Then choose "Add single business"
  5. In Find and manage your business write the exact name of the listing aka "CarePatrol of Milwaukee" and select it (normaly will be the 2ond result)
  6. At the left side of the screen will be a preview of the business listing. Confirm that it's the correct one
  7. Click "Manage now"
  8. Next screen you should have the "You've been verified", click "next"
  9. Skip all business detail pages and click "continue"
  10. You should be direct at the business profile and having a box (among other info) saying "Duplicate locationThis location is a duplicate of a location you don't own or manage on Google. Remove your location or request to become the owner or manager of the existing location
  11. Click "Request access"
  12. "Someone else manages this business on Google"  will apear
  13. Complete all fields and Submit
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Again I have removed another useless Bronze Member’s reply for being absolutely incorrect.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Keyser, i was able to use the "add location" field to search for a listing that has a similar name and request that, so i'm hoping that ends up being the correct listing. Working with google has been a constant struggle for me so i'm hoping this is the answer i needed so i can move on.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
If you follow my instructions to a T, it will work. If you don't it will only prolong it. I have done this countless times working with franchises. I also learned a lot by not doing it correctly when I went up against a larger cell phone provider.
marked this as an answer
Kein Mensch weiß was genau || Nobody knows exactly anything
Relevant Answer
Sorry  folks  for my below two cents:

The  listing  in question (provided) by SC 1219  is  https://www.google.com/maps?cid=1239817425310901926  and its definitively  verified and thes said  there is an  dedicated owner
See  my below  screenshot as  a proof

Such SAB listings  can   by a  normal  GMB Dahsboard  requested according the HC article  "requesting ownership"

However  in case  SC 1219  is  using  an agency account I noticed  earlier that such agency accounts can't properly request  the  ownership  (will almost ever  create a  duplicate)

See  more about my findings & experiences about  agency accounts:
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Helmut, my issue is that when i search for "CarePatrol of Milwaukee" on that screen that particular SAB does not show up as a possible choice. If i were to rename the "CarePatrol of Millwaukee" that i *do* have access to, would that help Google find the SAB that I need access to?
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/business/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic