Highlight your fully remote and real-time services such as classes, appointments, or consultations via Google My Business. Displaying your virtual services with “Online” attributes can improve discovery, help you easily communicate your online offerings to customers, and facilitate the booking process online.
Important: Online attributes don’t show when a business is marked temporarily closed.
Let people know you conduct business online
- Sign in to Google My Business . If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Info.
- Select the appropriate “Service option” attribute.
An attribute such as “Offers online services” will be prominently displayed on your Business Profile. The attribute will appear for broad category searches and on specific Business Profiles on Google Maps and Google Search.
To help customers sign up for and take advantage of your service(s) online, you have two options. You can add a link to the “Appointment links” section of your Business Profile or set up bookings with an approved scheduling provider, which will display a “Book” button on your Business Profile.
Provide a link to a business URL
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Home.
- Go to “Stay connected during COVID-19.”
- Check the box next to the online service your business provides.
- Enter a URL where consumers can schedule online services with your business.
Set up bookings
To help customers book your services directly with Google, set up bookings through an approved scheduling partner. If you already have bookings enabled with Google, update your service details with your current scheduling partner.
The approved scheduling partners for online services are Booksy, Regis, and Wellness Living. Your scheduling provider may apply fees for bookings made through Google. If your existing provider is not listed above, please work with your existing provider to enable online services via Reserve with Google.