You can add a link to your Business Profile so customers can buy a gift card or donate to your business.
Support links are available in these select countries/regions: United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Portugal, Sweden, Poland, Romania, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Luxembourg, Greece, and Japan.
Business eligibility criteria include:
- Businesses must be verified before March 1, 2020.
- Businesses must have a physical storefront.
- Owners, managers, and site managers of the Business Profile can use the posts feature to add gift card and donation links.
Set up a gift card or donation campaign
Eligible businesses can create 2 types of campaigns with the support links feature in Google My Business. This feature lets you add a short message and a link to your gift card or donation page.
Customers can find the info for these campaigns directly from your Business Profile on Google Search, alongside other updates.
To set up a gift card or donation campaign:
- You must create your own gift card or donation page before you can post.
- Gift card links can go to a supported provider or a page on your own website.
- Donation links can only go to a supported provider.
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- From the menu, click Posts and choose “COVID-19 support.”
- Alternatively, click “Get support from customers” directly on the Google My Business home page.
- Enter a message to customers and at least one link.
- To save your changes, click Post.
- Gift card links let customers purchase gift cards for your business. These links can go to a supported provider or a page on your own website.
- Donation links send customers to a fundraising page where they can donate to your business. These links can only go to a supported provider.
Get the list of supported providers.
- Be personal and positive. Use this message to connect with your customers and wish them well.
- For example: Hello, friends. We can’t wait to serve you again when we reopen.
- Be focused and specific. Communicate what kind of support you want clearly: a gift card purchase, a donation, or both. Let customers know how their support helps your business.
- For example: Please buy a gift card to put toward future dog walks.
- For example: We’d appreciate a donation to help us continue to pay our staff.
- For example: Please consider a gift card toward a future class.
- Be brief. The ideal length of your message is 250–300 characters. The maximum character count is 500.
All campaigns must adhere to the following policies, in addition to Google My Business content policies for local posts. Campaigns that violate these policies will be disabled and in some scenarios your Business Profile may be suspended. Google My Business merchants must make sure that their posted content complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Your business name must be prominently displayed on the campaign page.
- You must either be the business owner or an authorized representative of the business with authority to link to fundraising campaigns. Do not proceed if you aren’t sure whether you have authority to ask for donations or sell gift cards on behalf of the business.
- Do not misrepresent your business. Only add gift card or donation links to your profile for your own businesses. For example: If your profile is for Sam’s Bakery, you can only add donation or gift card links for Sam’s Bakery.
- Small variations in business names are allowed, such as if you replace "bakery" with "cafe," or add a legal suffix such as LLC.
- Campaigns must only support your business or employees. Do not link to campaigns for causes that aren’t directly related to your business, even if it’s for a cause you care about.
- Make sure your campaign links aren’t broken and point to an active campaign.
- If you link to a page hosted under your own website or social media page to sell gift cards, make sure customers can locate where to buy gift cards on that page. We recommend that you directly link to the page where someone can buy the gift card.
- If you use one of our trusted partners to create your campaigns, you must also follow their respective product policies. Your campaign links may be removed if they're flagged by our partners for a policy violation.
If we suspect abuse, we may disable your campaign or suspend your profile. We may also cooperate with gift card or donation partners to restrict access to the funds to prevent fraud.
You can link a donation or gift card URL to different providers based on your country or region. Gift cards can also link to a page on your own website. Make sure you use the supported URL format.
|Provider||Supported URL format|
Gift card providers
You can delete your post and create another one. If you can't delete your post, contact us for support.
When you create a post, make sure you follow our gift card and donation link policies. Some common policy violations are:
- Use of a gift card link for purposes other than the sale of gift cards.
- The gift card link doesn’t provide an easy way to buy gift cards.
- Use of a donation link for a generic cause that isn't directly relevant to your business.