Sign up for G Suite through Google My Business
You can sign up for G Suite through your Google My Business account. After you join G Suite, your business will have access to Google’s digital tools like professional email addresses, shared calendars, and more that make collaborating between your team easier.
Who can sign up
You can sign up for G Suite through your Google My Business account if the G Suite promotions are visible in your account. If the promotions aren’t in your account, you can still go through the standard G Suite sign up.
You can either buy a domain or bring your own existing domain to connect your new G Suite account to your Google My Business account.
Note: Your newly created G Suite account will only be automatically connected to the business listing you used during sign up. If you have multiple listings, you can manually add your G Suite account email address to as many listings as you want from the Google My Business user settings page.
Buy a domain or use your existing domain
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- Choose the listing you’d like to buy a domain for or the listing with the current domain you want to use.
- You can start the G Suite sign up process 2 ways:
- Under the “Stand out with custom email” card, click Get started.
- In the menu on the left, click Get custom Gmail.
- Follow the on-screen G Suite sign-up flow to finish connecting your G Suite account to your Google My Business account.
Manage your domain
- If your Google domain is directed to another website, learn how to forward your domain.
- If you created a website through Google My Business and you’re using a third-party domain, learn how to use your existing domain for your new site.
- If you’re having issues connecting your Google domain with your website created through Google My Business, contact Google Domains support.
Error message: "We weren't able to connect your domain, [domain name], to your website."
If you get an error message that your Google domain won’t connect to your website, it could be because of one of the following reasons:
- You brought your own domain. You can continue to use your domain with your existing website, or connect your domain to your website made through Google My Business.
- You bought a third-party domain from the classic G Suite sign up flow. Learn more how to connect your third-party domain to your website made through Google My Business.
- You’re not signed in with an owner account for the Google domain while trying to create or publish your website. You can try to sign in with the correct Google domain account, or forward your Google domain. You can also contact Google Domains support.
Error message: "We weren't able to connect your domain, [domain name], to your website because it is already pointing to another site."
If you get an error message that your Google domain won’t connect to your website you made through Google My Business because you already have an existing website connected to your Google domain, you can try the following:
- Continue to use your existing website as is.
- If you want to point the domain to your website made through Google My Business, contact Google Domains support. Provide the Google My Business website address you'd like your custom domain to point to, and ask the support team for their assistance.
Error Message: "We're working on connecting your domain to your website. Please check back in a few minutes."
If you get an error message that your Google domain connecting to your website is pending, it could be because of one of the following reasons:
- Your domain registration isn’t complete yet.
- The payment for your G Suite account hasn’t completed yet.