Learn about prompts and notifications for potential business owners
How prompts work
Important: Currently, Business Personalization settings on a Google Account don’t affect this experience.
- If you own or manage a business, click Yes or Yes, continue and sign up for Google My Business.
- If you aren’t affiliated with a business, click No.
- To opt out of seeing this message across all businesses, click Menu or Stop seeing this question.
Google uses various signals from the user’s online activity to decide whether to display the prompt. The signals help Google predict whether someone may be a business owner or manager, or if they're otherwise affiliated with a particular unclaimed business.
Manage business listings notifications from the Google Search app
- Open the Google Search app .
- Tap More Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Scroll to "Business listings."
- Turn on Business listings.
- Turn off Business listings.