Important: You can no longer create or edit short names. Short names and URLs that already exist will still work.
When you share your short name, customers can enter the name’s URL in the browser’s address bar to go directly to your Business Profile. For example, customers can search for
g.page/[yourcustomname]in the address bar to find your business.
Delete your short name
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app .
- If you have multiple locations, go to the location that you want to remove a short name for.
- Tap Profile Edit.
- In the 'Profile short name' window, tap Delete.
Users and business owners can flag a name for impersonation, offensive speech, fake businesses, spam or inappropriate content issues.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Google app or in your browser, go to google.co.uk.
- Go to the Business Profile that you want to flag.
- Tap About.
- On the right, under 'Sharing', tap Menu Report.
- From the list, choose the reason for your report.
Tip: This feature isn’t available in Google Maps.