Google My Business is an easy way to manage your online presence and connect with current and future customers.
Third-party agencies can utilise Google My Business to manage small and medium-sized businesses or chain business clients in a single account. Learn more about how to register a Google My Business organisation account.
Third-party agencies can help manage their client’s business in various ways:
- Manage your client’s business information in bulk and through the Google My Business API (if applicable).
- Make sure that your clients can read and reply to customer feedback.
- Use Insights to understand how customers interact with your client’s business listings across the web.
- Manage user access to specific locations or location groups.
- Access customer support that’s specialised for third-party agencies.
How it works
An organisation account is how your agency will manage locations on behalf of the business owners that you’re working with. You can add people to your organisation as owners or members, and they’re responsible for managing locations. Users can utilise several features available through Google My Business.
Google My Business API
The API helps you easily manage information for your clients with applications you develop. Learn more about how to request access to the API.
Upload high-quality photos to show current and future customers your client’s products and services. Photos help people find your client’s business across Google through Search and Maps.
Use Insights to learn how people find and interact with your client’s Google listing. Insights help you understand the best way to showcase your client’s business to attract more customers.
Connect with customers via messages posted to your client’s business listing on Google Search and Maps. With Posts, you can create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock or shop event details directly with your client’s customers.
Link your client’s Google My Business accounts to Google Ads to boost your client’s local presence. You can use Insights to optimise your ads and find the best way to reach customers.
Learn more about the features offered by Google My Business.
Google My Business’ features (e.g. Posts, Photos, etc.) let businesses engage and build trust with customers. To help your client get the most out of Google My Business, bear in mind some best practice tips:
- Ensure that business information is up to date and accurate for all your managed locations so that customers can reach your clients more easily.
- Highlight promotions and deals with Posts and appeal directly to your local customers on Google Maps and Search. Many customers look for promotions or discounts when they search for a business online. Your client can promote sales, special events and more to potential customers through strategic text, video or photo content.
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews to build greater trust with customers. Many customers say that the reviews for a business listing help them decide whether to use their services.
Submit a support request to contact support with any issues that you run into.
To improve the efficiency of your Google My Business support requests, bear in mind the following:
- Completely fill in support requests with the requested information in the support contact form.
- Use screenshots or videos to demonstrate the issue. On screenshots, include the timestamp when possible to aid the team in troubleshooting the action.
Make sure that you exclude any unrelated or sensitive information, such as filenames or personal information of others.
- If you submit a request for an issue that impacts multiple listings, organise your listings in a spreadsheet.
- Don't submit duplicate requests. Repeated requests for the same issue create confusion in communications and waste time.
Note: If you need to submit a new request about a current support case, note that case’s ID number. The case ID number is included in the subject line of the support team’s reply to you.