To get your hotel on Google Search and Maps, you must register for a Business Profile on Google.
To register for a Business Profile, follow the steps below:
- Open Business Profile Manager.
- In the top right-hand corner, click Manage now.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- If you don’t have a Google Account, create one.
- Enter the name of your hotel, and click Next.
Note: If your hotel appears on Maps, it will appear in a drop down during sign up. Then, you can select your hotel from the suggestions that appear as you type. Make sure that you only select the suggestion if all the information matches.
- Enter the address of your hotel, and click Next. If your address doesn’t geolocate, you may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your hotel on a map.
- Under "Business category", select a business category. Then, click Next.
Note: You can also create a more specific category if appropriate (e.g. hostel or hotel).
- Enter a phone number or website URL for your hotel. Then, click Next.
Note: If you don’t have a website, you can create one through your Business Profile once you've set up your account.
- To verify your connection to the hotel, click Continue.
- Select a verification option.
To manage your hotel’s business information, you must verify your hotel’s Business Profile. Learn how to verify your Business Profile on Google.
To manage a profile that’s already on Maps, you must request ownership.
To rebrand your hotel, you must be eligible to rebrand your business according to the guidelines for representing your business. If your hotel has recently rebranded, you can update your business name by editing your business information.
Your business may be eligible for rebranding if:
- You make a minor name change to a hotel.
- You have multiple Business Profiles and the business name changes.
If your hotel changes business name but a location hasn’t rebranded or isn’t eligible for a rebrand, you can remove the old Business Profile. Then, you can create a new profile with the new business name.