To own your dealership Business Profile on Google Search and Maps, you need a Google account to manage your multiple profiles and then you can claim your dealership profile. Before you claim your Business Profile, we suggest that you review your verification options.
You can manage an individual profile directly on Search and Maps. To manage multiple profiles in bulk at once, you can use Business Profile Manager. If you want to add another profile, on Google Search, select the three-dot menu Add a new Business Profile.
Multiple Business Profiles for a car dealership
Car dealerships can have multiple Business Profiles on Google.
- All car dealerships can have a profile for the dealership itself and more profiles for their departments, like sales, parts, or services. Once the profiles are verified, contact support to label them.
- New-car dealerships can also have a profile for each brand of new cars sold.
- Used-car dealerships can't have profiles per brand of cars sold. Used-car brands can change frequently.
Create a profile for a car dealership
To add profiles for each brand of new cars sold, create a new profile. To add profiles for departments within a dealership, use the name of your dealership with the department name and create a new profile.
- On your computer, sign in to your Google Account, or create one.
- You can use your dealership email to create a Google Account, for example: email@example.com.
- Go to create a profile.
- Enter your dealership's name.
- If business suggestions appear as you type, you can select your dealership from the list.
- Search for your business category.
- Click Next.
- Tip: We recommend the categories “Car dealer” for sales, “Car service” for maintenance, and “Auto parts business” for parts sales.
- If you serve customers at your business address, select Yes Next.
- Enter your dealership’s address.
- Click Next.
- You can also place a business marker for your dealership on a map.
- Tip: If you serve customers outside your business address, you can list your service areas.
- Enter your dealership’s primary phone number or website URL.
- You can use your Business Profile to create a website.
- Click Continue.
- Complete the verification option.
- To verify now: To verify your connection to the dealership now, select your verification option.
- To verify later: Click Verify later Later. You must verify your dealership profile before you can manage it.
- If you're not authorized to manage the Business profile: Find an authorized person in your organization to complete verification. If someone owns the dealership profile, you can request ownership of the profile.
When your profiles are verified, contact support to have your service department labeled as within your dealership. Contact us.