You can connect with existing and potential customers through your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps through posts. You can create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock, or event details directly with your customers.
When customers have more access to your business information and updates, they can make better decisions as they browse. This allows you to:
- Directly communicate with your local customers.
- Improve your customer experience with timely information.
- Promote your sales, specials, events, news and offers.
- Engage with your customers through videos and photos.
How it works
Posts can include text, photos or videos to promote Business Profiles. They’re visible to users through:
- The 'Updates' or 'Overview' tabs of the Business Profile on mobile on Search and Maps based on various signals
- The 'From the Owner' section of the Business Profile on your computer on Search and Maps
- Google Business Profile websites
Tip: Posts more than 6 months old get archived unless a date range is specified. Learn how to track posts' status for your Business Profile.
Important: Posts that include a phone number may be rejected.
Each post type provides your audience with specific details and allows you to add an action button to your post.
- COVID-19: Provide an update about changes related to COVID-19, which can include:
- Hours of operation and temporary closures.
- Changes to how the business operates, such as takeout or delivery only, a suggestion to call for details, or others.
- Updates to how the location manages safety and hygiene.
- Requests for support.
- Offers: Provide promotional sales or offers from your business. Offers require a title as well as start and end dates and times. A 'View offer' action button is automatically added to the post. You can also include a photo, video, description, coupon code, link and terms and conditions with the post. For example, a pizza parlour may advertise 20% off large pizzas for a week. Offers appear near the top of the Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. They also appear with all other posts in the 'Updates' tab.
- Products: You can use the product posts to add products that will appear in your 'Product tab'. Manage the product entry in the Product Editor.
- Important: The product post doesn't create a post to share.
- What's new: Provide general information about your business. You can include a photo or video, a description and an action button. For example, a restaurant can make a post to promote a new menu item.
- In some countries, a Business Profile on Google may also provide automatically suggested posts based on your 4- or 5-star customer reviews. You'll see these suggestions when you sign in to manage your Business Profile, or through email notifications.
- Events: Promote an event at your business. Events require a title, start and end dates and a time. If there aren’t start or end times, then the system will default to 24 hours on the date that it's posted. These posts may also include a photo, video, description and an action button. For example, a bookshop may advertise a local author's book signing or a book club meeting. Events that meet certain criteria may also show on the 'Overview' tab of the Business Profile to make them more prominent to customers.