About Posts for local businesses
This article provides details about the benefits of Posts and how posts work.
Posts let you connect with existing and potential customers via messages posted to your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. You can create and share announcements, offers, new or popular items in stock, or store event details directly with your customers.
When customers have more access to your business information and updates, they can make better decisions as they browse. The Posts feature offers 4 main benefits:
- Facilitate direct communication from you to your local customers
- Improve customer experience with timely information
- Promote your sales, specials, events, news, and offers
- Appeal to your customers with engaging videos and photos
How it works
Posts are visible to users on the Posts tab of the Business Profile on mobile and on Google My Business websites. Posts may also be shown on Maps, Search, and the Overview tab of the Business Profile based on various signals. Posts can include text, photos, or videos to promote Business Profiles. Learn how to create posts on Google.
Each post type provides your audience with specific details and allows you to add a call to action (CTA) button to your post.
- What's new posts: Posts that provide general information about your business. You can include a photo/video, link, CTA button, and other information. For example, a restaurant could make a post to promote a new menu item. In some countries, Google My Business may also provide automatically suggested posts based on your 4 or 5-star customer reviews. You'll see these suggestions when you sign in to Google My Business, or via email notifications.
- Event posts: Posts that require a title, start/end dates and time. If no start/end times are entered, then the system will default to 24 hours on the date it's posted. These posts may also include a photo/video, CTA button, and other information. For example, a bookstore may advertise a local author's book signing or a book club meeting.
- Offer posts: Posts that provide promotional sales or offers from your business. Offer posts require a title and start/end dates and times. A "View offer" CTA button is automatically added to the post. You can also include a photo/video, coupon code, link, and terms and conditions with the post. For example, a pizza parlor may advertise a 20% off large pizzas for a week. The offer posts will appear near the top of the Business Profile in Search. They also appear with all other posts in its own tab.
- Product posts: Posts that emphasize a specific product your business sells. Product posts require a title and photo or video. You can also include a CTA button and other information. For example, an electronics store may promote a new phone for sale.