The content policies listed below play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for everyone using Google products. We need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide these services, and we ask that everyone abide by the policies below to help us achieve this goal.
These policies apply to content shared on your Google My Business website. When applying these policies, we may make exceptions if we determined that the page contains information which is in the public interest. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change. Google reserves the right to suspend access to the Google My Business website builder or other Google Services to individuals or businesses that violate these guidelines.
If you believe that someone is violating the policies found below, please file a policy violation.
To report copyright infringement or other legal issues, please use this tool, which will guide you through the process of reporting content that you believe warrants removal from Google's services based on applicable laws.
Spam, malware, and phishing
Inappropriate and offensive content
- Violence and hate: We do not support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.
- Harassment: Do not publish harassing, bullying, or threatening content towards individuals or groups.
- Graphic material: Do not post extremely graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others.
- Sexually explicit material: Do not publish sexually explicit or pornographic images or videos. Adult content is permitted as long as it is not accompanied by sexually explicit images or videos, or any material that promotes or depicts unlawful or inappropriate sexual acts with children or animals. We do allow naturalistic and documentary depictions of nudity (such as an image of a breastfeeding infant), as well as depictions of nudity that serve a clear educational, scientific, or artistic purpose.
Personal and confidential information
Policy for acceptable domain names
- We reserve the right to reclaim custom URLs or remove them for any reason, and without notice.
- Custom URLs are free.
- Don't include words and phrases in your custom URL that would violate the Google My Business website policies on this page, the Google My Business Terms of Service, or the Google Terms of Service.
Contact Forms are online forms connected to Google My Business that provide a flexible platform for the first interaction between a customer and merchant. Customers can use Contact Forms to ask for a quote or for more information on the services a business offers. To ensure the best experience, Contact Form users must follow the guidelines below.
Policies for merchants
Data collection and use
Respect and handle information provided by customers with appropriate care.
- Any use of customer data needs to be relevant to the services your business provides. Do not misuse this information, or collect it for undisclosed purposes or without appropriate security measures.
- You may not expose customer data to other users or third parties without explicit consent from the customer providing the data.
- Do not impersonate an organization or individual when requesting information through the platform.
- Do not solicit private and confidential information, including passwords, financial details, and social security numbers.
Merchants using Contact Forms must comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Policies for customers
Do not provide financial or other sensitive information outside of the information requested on the form, namely your name, phone number, and email address.
Policies for customers and merchants
Spam and malware
Google does not allow the transmission of malware, viruses, destructive code, or anything that may harm or interfere with the operation of the networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others.
Do not send unsolicited mass mailings using Contact Forms. Customers will be contacted only in reference to the request submitted or to other services related to the business (i.e. no commercial spam or communication on other unrelated services).
Communication between merchants and customers should focus on the business and services offered, avoiding:
- Content that promotes or condones hatred or violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Harassing, bullying, or threatening content towards individuals or groups
- Graphic or violent materials for the sake of disgusting others
- Sexually explicit or pornographic images or videos
- Content that exploits or abuses children
Keep it legal. Do not use our service to engage in illegal activities or promote dangerous and illegal acts. If we are notified of unlawful activities, we will take appropriate action, which may include removing access to some of our products, your Google Account, or reporting you to the relevant authorities.