Post on Google as a local business
Important: If you aren't a local business (one that serves customers at a particular location or within a designated service area), consider looking into Posts on Google for verified entities. Learn more about Posts on Google.
You can publish your offers, events, products, and services directly to Google Search and maps by posting through Google My Business.
Before creating your first post:
- Make sure it’s high quality: Low quality text, including misspellings, gimmicky characters, gibberish, automated or distracting content, won’t be helpful for customers.
- Keep your posts respectful: Refrain from using obscene, profane, or offensive language, images, or videos.
- Only post links to websites you trust: Links that lead to malware, viruses, phishing, or pornographic material aren’t allowed.
- Regulated goods and services: If you offer products or services in an industry that is regulated, you’re allowed to use posts but you can’t post content related to the products themselves. Regulated industries usually include adult services, alcohol, tobacco and pharmaceutical products, recreational drugs, health & medical devices, gambling-related services, fireworks, weapons, and financial services.
- Keep your posts family-friendly: Refrain from posting sexually suggestive or explicit content.
Create a post using the app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- Tap Home.
- Tap Post .
- Tap on the type of post you’d like to create (update, event, offer, product).
- Create your post. Options to add photos, videos, text, events, offers, and a button to your post appear. Tap each field and enter any relevant information.
- To see a preview of your post, tap Preview.
- To publish your post, tap Publish. To change your post, in the top left tap Back . Edit your draft until it’s ready to publish.
All uploaded media must meet the following size requirements:
- Minimum: 400x300 pixels and 10 KB size limit.
- Maximum: 10000x10000 pixels and 25 MB size limit.