You can choose which kinds of Google My Business notifications you receive on your mobile device and in your email inbox. Notifications can help in a variety of ways, like letting you know when customers leave photos or reviews on your Business Profile, alerting you to product news from Google, and reminding you to keep your profile up-to-date.
You can opt in to receive notifications like the following:
- When someone posts on your Business Profile
- Suggestions to keep your Business Profile up-to-date
- Updates about your account
- Updates about new features
- When you get new followers or bookings (mobile only)
Regardless of your notification settings, you may still receive important updates about your account from Google.
You may see Google My Business notifications in Google Maps and Search. To opt out of these notifications, tap and hold on the notification. Then, turn off Business listings.
Manage email notifications
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google My Business app.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like the manage.
- Tap More Settings Notifications.
- Turn on Notifications.
- Check the box for each kind of notification you want to receive.
These settings apply to all listings owned or managed by the account that’s signed in to Google My Business. To find which account you’re currently using, tap More and look at the Google Account listed.
Stop notifications for unverified businesses
To stop notifications for businesses that you can't or don't want to verify, you can remove Business Profiles you've already claimed from Google My Business. You'll still get notifications for businesses you've verified.