You can choose which kinds of Business Profile notifications you receive on your mobile device and in your email inbox. Notifications can help in a variety of ways, like letting you know when customers leave photos or reviews on your Business Profile, alerting you to product news from Google, and reminding you to keep your profile up-to-date.
You can opt in to receive notifications like the following:
- When someone posts on your Business Profile
- Suggestions to keep your Business Profile up-to-date
- Updates about your account
- Updates about new features
- When you get new followers or bookings (mobile only)
Regardless of your notification settings, you may still receive important updates about your account from Google.
You may see Business Profile notifications in Google Maps and Search. To opt out of these notifications, tap and hold on the notification. Then, turn off Business Profiles.
Manage notifications in the Google Maps app
- On your Android device, open the Google Maps app .
- In Maps, at the bottom right, tap Business Messages.
- Under "Email Notifications," turn Customer messages on or off.
Tip: Some businesses may be eligible to get text message notifications. To get texts, you must include your phone number.
Manage notifications in Google Search
- Sign in to the Google Account you use to manage your Business Profile.
- To view your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name.
- If needed, select View profile to manage your Business Profile.
- Tap Menu Email notifications.
- Search for the notification you want to manage.
- Next to the notification, turn the switch on or off.
Stop notifications for unverified businesses
To stop notifications for businesses that you can't or don't want to verify, you can remove Business Profiles you've already claimed. You'll still get notifications for businesses you've verified.