You can choose which kinds of Google My Business notifications you receive on your mobile device and in your email inbox. Notifications can help in a variety of ways, like letting you know when customers leave photos or reviews on your Business Profile, alerting you to product news from Google, and reminding you to keep your profile up-to-date.
You can opt in to receive notifications like the following:
- When someone posts on your Business Profile
- Suggestions to keep your Business Profile up-to-date
- Updates about your account
- Updates about new features
- When you get new followers or bookings (mobile only)
Regardless of your notification settings, you may still receive important updates about your account from Google.
You may see Google My Business notifications in Google Maps and Search. To opt out of these notifications, tap and hold on the notification. Then, turn off Business Profiles.
Manage notifications in the Google Maps app
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap Notifications Google Maps .
- Turn on Allow Notifications.
To turn on a notification, like when to leave for an event, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Account Circle Settings Notifications.
- Turn on a notification: Next to the notification, turn on the switch.
- Turn off a notification: Next to the notification, turn off the switch.
Manage email notifications
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google My Business app.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Tap More Settings Notifications.
- Turn on Notifications.
- Check the box for each kind of notification you want to receive.
These settings apply to all profiles owned or managed by the account that’s signed in to Google My Business. To find which account you’re currently using, tap More and look at the Google Account listed.
Manage notifications in Google Search
- Make sure you're logged in with the account you used to sign up for Google My Business.
- To view your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name.
- If needed, select View profile to manage your Business Profile.
- Tap Menu Tap Email notifications.
- Search for the notification you want to manage.
- Next to the notification, turn the switch on or off.
Stop notifications for unverified businesses
To stop notifications for businesses that you can't or don't want to verify, you can remove Business Profiles you've already claimed from Google My Business. You'll still get notifications for businesses you've verified.